7.21.2008

Requested Insightful Post

Everything is so slow down here in NC that it takes about 15 minutes for them to make a sandwich and about 45 to make two rolls of sushi (though the sushi wasn't as bad as I thought it would be for a small town in the South). I don't know about you guys, but I'm used to things being a little quicker. Blame it for being in the city for four years, but I need to do everything quickly...or at least get from one place to another quickly. I walk like I'm 15 minutes late for something although I tend to arrive 15 minutes early. I don't understand why I rush...sometimes, while I'm rushing, I look at other people rushing and wonder why the world, and life, is such a blur when it shouldn't be.

The time right before something I'm looking forward to is about to happen, like this week right before I leave for London/Paris, is a horrible time because I'm half torn between feeling excited and the "I can't wait until Friday!" emotion and feeling like I want to slow time down so that my trip doesn't come so soon. Because I know that when Friday comes, the end of the trip will come just as quickly, and then I won't have a vacation to look forward to until next year.

So it feels like we're all just rushing from place to place, life event to event, and we're left to wonder what happens to all the time in between.

P.S. I just found out that my cell phone plan does not include text messages (although my sister's does...she texts a lot), so please restrain yourselves from texting me as I know it is tempting. Leave a voicemail instead!

4 comments:

cricket said...

i think i need more "rush of the city" in me.

X said...

wait ... WHAT do you not have your own plan yet?!?!?! boooo >< texting rules!!!

dani said...

Because it's cheaper to stay on my family's plan, especially since they REQUIRE me to call them every night I'm out of town so the unlimited minutes help...and adding my BlackBerry onto the plan saved money too.

Chris, I guess it's a good thing that you're going to school in the Bronx then. You'll get your rush whether it's from the fast pace of the city or from running for safety.

prisca* said...

i totally understand dani- the excitement, yet the foreboding feeling towards a vacation. >.<

dani's comment for chris: HAHAH.