7.27.2008

Love is like a heat wave

So yesterday, I fell in love . . .

Emile de Beque is everything my old and new self could've ever wanted. Tall, dark, handsome and urbane. A free-thinking older Frenchman, who's rich and has the most amazing voice. What else could I want?

Too bad he's taken, and a fictional character on top of it. Such is the power of "South Pacific". Although I didnt get star struck like Angela, from wayy back in the theater, I sure felt like it.

There's a reason why this play was so famous, so go see it! If "Some Enchanted Evening" isn't enough, go see it to hang out with all the old people in the theater. I swear, I haven't been in the company of that many members of the AARP since I made my sister go watch Gone With the Wind at Loews.

One problem with seeing things with old people is that they just don't care! I was on the verge of elder abuse because this one woman kept singing along off key. Oh well, who can blame her, I felt young again, like when I was 11 and hormonal.

Enjoy!




P.S. in real life, Paulo Szot is openly gay and Brazilian.
another one bites the dust . . .

No comments: