1.06.2009

Love?

Just a question to throw out there and get opinions on-

I watched a movie with black ppl the other day [SORRY I DON'T REMEMBER THE TITLE, I JUST WALKED IN ON IT!!] and the guy and girl were sitting at a bar. They were fighting, obviously, and the guy had just asked her to marry him. She responds with silence, and he asks her to melt her heart and let him in. (She's been traumatized before, duh.) But she continues in silence. Then the guy gets up in anger and walks away and the girl reaches to grab his hand and whispers, "Can't we still be...". He flings her hands off and replies, "Be what? Friends? I want all of you, not half. If you truly love somebody, you can never just be FRIENDS with them." And he walks out.

If you're friends with your ex now, do you think that means you were never truly in love with them?

5 comments:

Angela said...

i'm not sure.. but I thought that you never said I love you anyway and you didnt think that you were in love..

nk said...

we watched a black movie called this christmas the other day and then angela was so engrossed in it that she decided to borrow all of joyce's black movies ahaha.

i'm not sure either pris but a lot of people can still be friends after relationships right? even people who were married. I think hearts can always change. even married people can have change of hearts (hopefully not too huge though!!!) and it takes work to get the relationship glued together.

nk said...

what am i saying in my comment, i wish my brain worked better :( no one argue with me or pick on my comment! i can't even defend it

cricket said...

i think before we can answer that we need to figure out what love is

tamz said...

I think Chris brings up a good point in that there are different kinds of love. As Nancy mentioned, even people with divorced can go on to remain really good friends. I don't think being able to be friends means you didn't love them or that not being friends means that you really did. Doesn't answer it I think, but I believe that there are too many variables to generalize it that way. :)