10.07.2008

A 2nd Year's "Would you rather"

Tomorrow afternoon, in Lab B (the dungeon of DUCoM), I will inject a practice saline shot into my partner's arm, then I will administer a PPD test--assuming that my first shot is in the appropriate position and depth under the skin. Or maybe my partner will be brave and would rather go first.

It's funny, it's one of the most exciting things to learn--my first time giving anyone a shot! But it's also one of the more nerve wracking things too. I don't know whether I'm more afraid of giving the shots or being on the receiving end. :( You see, from what I hear, you can be of the lucky ones who leave the lab with just two wheals on your arm (one from saline, one from the actual Tb test). Or you can be among the misunderstood who look like drug abusers with 4 maybe even 5 wheals!

I'll let you know how it turns out >.<
(INNER SPAZ!)

1 comment:

X said...

OMG. i hate shots. hahaha. i don't mind donating blood though ... ^_^

you are going to be an AWESOME doctor.